Shannon's Life in 2012

Follow my life in 2012...as told by the movies.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Ne le dis à personne (Tell No One)

Ashley, you are a genius. Thank you for picking this movie.

I just finished it.

I had to blog immediately.

I have officially watched the first AWESOME movie on my blog list.

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME.

I probably shouldn't blog yet because I haven't had any, let alone enough time to process what I just saw. But seriously. Watch this movie.

I don't (ok, I guess I should say didn't) usually like foreign films. And at first, I was not digging that this was in French. I think it's because I'm a movie multitasker. But you can't multitask if you have to read subtitles. At first it was slightly annoying...I really had to pay attention.

And then I could not tear myself away. I had every intention of folding my laundry and eventually pausing the movie to heat up my dinner...and here I sit, at almost 11:15, with two giant baskets of laundry and food sitting in the fridge. I could not even bear to pause it. I had to know what was going to happen. I don't usually like thrillers either, but seriously. This movie was so well done. The acting was amazing, the plot was even MORE amazing, and by the end, I forgot that it was in French. I was too engrossed to even notice.

I want everyone reading this to see it, so I'm not going to write a WORD about what the movie was about. Just watch it. And if you don't like foreign movies, or thrillers, or you have too much to do, I'm not buying it, because those were my EXACT excuses too. And I was wrong about all of them.

This is why this New Years Resolution was SUCH a good idea for me.

Up next tomorrow (and this will not be the kind of movie that proves my preconceived notions wrong...): The Human Centipede (NO WHY WHY WHY PLEASE SOMEONE COME WATCH IT WITH ME)

No comments:

Post a Comment